A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 Cristian 0 Comments


It’s time for another goodbye. It seems yesterday that I’ve waved Denmark, yet today - or yesterday? I haven’t slept so according to my sleeping schedule it is still the 17th - I left Worcester and in a few hours, I will fly to the US, the country where everything started in the first place. It’s been a while now, but I can promise you that I will never get used to saying goodbye to the people I love. Goodbyes basically play a big part in my life as I am constantly on the move. If I have to be completely honest, I am kind of fed up. I’m tired of having to deal with the awful feeling that comes right after a “take care, keep in touch”. I want to find a place worth staying and spend my life at, and this is probably why I am moving for the fourth time: I still haven’t found one where I see myself growing up.

As I’ve been traveling whilst studying, my friends feel like I’ve been basically on a longish gap year because I’ve done things that people normally do whilst on one, but because I’ve been studying I don’t really consider whatever I am doing a gap year. This is why I actually decided to take a break from University once I come back to Europe from the States this summer. I want to have the option of moving somewhere without feeling the pressure of studying or having to be elsewhere after a specific time. I want to buy a one-way ticket and don’t even think about leaving. I want things to fall into place by themselves without having to think about them too much.

I am at Heathrow Airport now, have been for the past six hours and I still have four to go, then a ten hours flight. Ohh, the things I do. I’m tired though. I’ve been watching a couple of TV series, I’ve been listening to music, I’ve been napping for a couple of hours and now I’m passed security writing. I don’t know exactly what to feel. My stomach hurts, I just want to get on the other side, but at the same time, I still haven’t realized what is going to happen. I am conscious that I am not going back to Worcester, and that hurts, but being at the Airport makes me feel even worse, as if I were nowhere, like in a limbo or something. I normally love whatever I feel when I step in an airport. Usually, I feel powerful, energetic, ready to go. Now I just want to leave. I’ve way too much time and I end up just thinking about stuff.



“Home is where your heart is”. In other words, I’m literally heartbroken. I’ve left a piece in Italy, one in the USA and now one even in the UK. Sometimes I think it would be awesome to merge all my lives into one; to be able to live in an "x" place and have all my beloved ones within that same place ...but traveling comes with a price and this is why I’ve got a host family in America, best friends in South America, Europe, Asia and so forth. 


I spent my last day in England at Malvern Hills. I've hiked with the wind blowing against my face, I've stepped on fresh snow and I've looked over the countryside from the peak. I guess this is also why I feel a bit tired now; not only I haven't slept but I've also hiked a few hours before taking the train. To be fair though, I don't regret going because it was probably one of the best days of my British experience, a day I will remember forever.
...
I’m done with the sad stuff though, it’s time to think positively. I am headed to Denver because I will be an intern for a video production company. I will get a driving license and I will be able to finally get a 360° experience of the States. Stay tuned to see where all of this will take me.



To Be Continued.



Read also Bringing The Exchange To The Next Level.

- Cris

0 comments: