DEAR NEW YEAR..

Monday, December 28, 2015 Cristian 2 Comments

... please be full of joy. Make my friends and family happy. I want to travel and live a new life again because I feel like that's what I need right now. I learnt a lot about myself this past year, I wonder how much more I can learn if I leave again..

My wishes for 2016 aren't a lot, but they are big ones. I don't ask to be rich and famous (yet), but I wish I get to see my exchange friends and family again because they are far away, and distance sucks. I also hope I will be an international student in college and that I will find my way in a foreign country.

Last year I had champagne at midnight with my american family, this time I get to celebrate New Year's Eve in my home country again. The company will be different but the situation will be the same: a bunch of people making toasts and counting down the minutes for the start of a, hopefully, wonderful year.

I read on the internet that for someone 2015 has been a crappy year. The purpose of this post is to share positive thoughts. My year has been actually pretty good, at least for the first half of it. Your year will come soon and you will get to show who you are to people. You need to work on it and to be patient, time is the key. I remember complaining about the fact that I had to wait a year before I could go on exchange: It was 2 years and a half ago, now I already came back and I've got just 6 more months of high school. There are just a few days left of 2015, live them up the best we can!


2015
- I traveled somewhere I've dreamt of visiting for years.
- I met a lot of international students.
- I went on a road trip.
- I tried new foods.
- I learnt new languages.
- I caught 17 airplanes.
- I spent the 4th of July in America.
- I went to the MTV EMAs.
...

2016 ?
- Coming soon.

Share your 2015 with me in the comments!
What would you like to achieve in 2016?

- Cris

2 comments:

  1. Hej!I'm on exchange in Sweden at the moment. It has been nearly three weeks since I left and I miss my dog so much. I don't have one here and it feels absolutely weird. Nevertheless I really enjoy my time here. Thank you for making this awesome blog, it helps me a lot. :) All the best, Valentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valentina, I absolutely love dogs as well and I was lucky to have one for half of my year, sadly though, we had to put him down because he had a tumor. On top of that, he has been blind most of his life, but it was a learning experience for me to take care of a blind dog (and he was also super funny). It was hard to say goodbye to him because it was also the first time that I witnessed the death of a dog. All I'm saying is that not having a dog may help you realise how much you love yours and when you will be home you will be able to appreciate time with him (if you didn't already). Best of luck for your year, and thank you for keeping up with the readings! xx

      Delete