My High School Exchange Year Playlist

Sunday, August 16, 2015 Cristian 1 Comments

Music plays an important role in your lives, or at least in mine. Today I want to talk about the songs I listened the most during my stay in the United States of America. They are not necessary songs of artists I love or know well, but for one reason or another, they were part of my experience.


"This city never sleeps at night. It's time to begin, isn't it?"
- It's Time by Imagine Dragons

"Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart. I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where to start."
- Wake Me Up by Avicii

"Hold me fast, 'cause I'm a hopeless wanderer."
- Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford & Sons

"We'll never be as young as we are now. It's time to leave this old black and white town."
- Never Be by 5 Seconds Of Summer

"Afraid to lose control and caught up in this world. I wasted time, I've wasted breath. I think I've thought myself to death."
- Come With Me Now by Kongos

"I had a dream so big and loud, I jumped so high I touched the clouds. I stretched my hands out to the sky. We danced with monsters through the night."
- Best Day Of My Life by American Authors

"I am climbing over something, I am running through these walls."
- Believe by Mumford & Sons

"If you love somebody, better tell them while they're here 'cause, they just may run away from you."
- On The Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons

"Land me ur eyes I can change what u see, but your soul u must keep, totally free."
- Awake My Soul by Mumford & Sons

"I wish that I could be like the cool kids"
- Cool Kids by Echosmith

"Hope when you take that jump you don't feel the fall. Hope when the water rises you built a wall. Hope when the crowd screams out it's screaming your name. Hope if everybody runs you choose to stay. [...] I swear I lived."
- I Lived by One Republic

"And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them, like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things."
- Amnesia by 5 Seconds Of Summer

"Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard. Oh, take me back to the start."
- The Scientist by Coldplay

"I want to turn the clock back, right back to where it was. So let's build a bridge, from your side to mine. I'll be the one to cross over, just tell me it's not the end of the line.."
- Up by Olly Murs ft. Demi Lovato

"I think that I found myself a cheerleader, she's always right there when I need her."
- Cheerleader by OMI

"When I get older I will be stronger, they'll call me freedom, just like a waving flag, and then it goes back."
- Waving Flag by K'naan

"And I don’t even know how I survive, I won’t make it to the show without your light. No, I don’t even know if I’m alive. Oh, oh, oh without you now, this is what it feels like."
- This Is What It Feels Like by Armin van Buuren

"They say we are what we are, but we don’t have to be. I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way. could be immortals."
- Immortals by Fall Out Boy

"How do I breathe without you feeling so cold, I'll be waiting right here for ya till the day you're home."
- See You Again by Charlie Puth

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you."
- Count On Me by Bruno Mars

"I just wanna know if you're gonna stay. I just gotta know. I can't have it, I can't have it any other way."
- Riptide by Vance Joy

"Save your advice 'cause I won't hear, you might be right but I don't care. There's a million reasons why I should give you up, but the heart wants what it wants."-
- The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez

"Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold.
But you will remember me for centuries."
- Centuries by Fall Out Boy

These are some of the songs which were part of my playlist during my exchange year and have a particular meaning to me, but others are Shake It Off (because it was played everywhere, it was impossible not to listen to it at least 5 times a day, lol), Africa (because my host brother played a few times during spring break), Love Me Like You Do, Want You To Want Me and a few others. Which songs did you listen to the most on exchange? Comment below to let me know!

- Cris

1 comment: