BOOM GONE, MOVED ON: HELLO UNITED KINGDOM.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 Cristian 0 Comments


Here I am, again, for the third time to be exact. It's eleven in the evening and in less than 12 hours I will be at the airport will a huge luggage, a backpack and a carry-on. I will be standing in front of the big gate that says "Departures" and I will be facing a new adventure. 

I did it three years ago and I did it last year as well, which means that I've been pretty much living a big challenge since 2013, when I recklessly decided to go abroad simply because I wanted to live in the USA. I did not really think about the bigger picture, cmon I was 15, but honestly, it was best this way. I had the time of my life and this was just the first of many steps. 


It was followed by me being a senior in Milan Italy, me starting college in Denmark and now by me catching a plane headed to the UK, where I will be an exchange student of a higher level. In fact, I did not leave with an organization and I will not live with a host family. This is me going to live on campus, in one of the six dorm-rooms of the apartment that I will share with other five students. 
I will be taking new classes, I will be partying with new people, learning about a new culture and will get to know a new city. I will travel, smile, laugh, cry. I don't know what I will do, but I know I will try with all my heart to spend these three months in the most effective way. I will try not to overthink, but to relax and enjoy the ride. I will just be true to who I am and everything will go as it has to go. No plans, no expectations, no disappointments. 

I've met people who told me that I was the most interesting teenager the have ever met and that if I continue like this I will achieve all my goals, others thought that I always looked sad instead, and some more told me that before getting to know me they did not think I was the type of guy I actually am... truth is, sometimes I don't even know what makes me happy and what I really want, so I don't expect others to know that for me. I may have lots of flaws but I am proud of one thing: I dare to try. I don't like regrets. I always try to push myself out of the comfort zone, even when I could avoid it and just live a simple life. And this time is not going to be different. I will show the world that I have more to offer, I don't like simple, in fact they say "If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough".

- Cris

0 comments: