AMERICAN SCHOOL AS AN EXCHANGE STUDENT.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 Cristian 4 Comments

Is it like in movies? Well, It is I guess, except the musical part, which appears only if you take drama or choir.
  • There are lockers and they are pretty hard to open if you are not used to.
  • You choose the classes you want to take before school starts.
  • There are a lot of activities such as sports, drama and clubs.
  • A lot of school spirit.
  • Football games are a big deal, above all on Fridays.
  • You get to go to Prom if you are Junior or Senior.
  • In the movies cheerleaders are usually bitchy, but in my school I met some really nice ones.
  • You can leave the school premises if you have a free block. You can also leave the school during lunch. People also ditch just part of the day (In my home country if you ditch, you skip the entire day, not part of it).
  • It is awesome to change classroom every time you have another class but for foreign people it is harder to make friends, even if they will meet more people.
  • You get extra credits if you bring sheets of paper and stuff like that to the teachers.
  • Since usually school ends at 3 pm and then students have sport and school related stuff to do, they don't have a lot of homework.

I honestly miss being in that school, even tho during my exchange year I didn't love it that much.. It was pretty small. It was actually a campus, so there were two buildings, one for elementary and middle schools and one for high school. It was fun to get in a car and go somewhere for lunch, to go to football games on fridays and to be part of other activities. At the beginning of the year the school gave a cookie to every new and foreign student, so that was nice. They organized also an orientation so I got to see the building before the first day.

My senior trip lasted 2 days and 1 night. People could go skiing for an afternoon or stay at the complex. We had a bonfire because it was snowing and it has been awesome.

My school one time organized a camp out of school for senior class 2015, so we got to grill our dinner and sleep in tents right outside the entrance.

- Cris

4 comments:

  1. Exchanging sounds amazing, I would really want to try it. ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should be an exchange student! :)

      Delete
  2. i don't even have money for an exchange :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either, but Rotary "saved" me and I had the opportunity to go on exchange :)

      Delete