FROM AIRPORTS TO TRAIN STATIONS.

Sunday, August 14, 2016 Cristian 2 Comments


Every day millions of people take off from one place and land on another one. They leave their comfort zone, travel, connect with locals and travel again. There are people who measure life with plans, schedules or things of value; I measure life with plane tickets and experiences, things that aren't tangible but really important to me.

"Roots are important, but we men have legs, not roots, 

and legs are made to go anywhere else."


When I step in an airport I feel like I'm capable of anything. I am brave enough to distance my feet from the ground, to face the earth from above where cars look like ants and fields look like puzzles. I love when the aircraft speeds up and within seconds leaves the asphalt because it's when I realize I am going somewhere. I feel something in my chest and I start smiling like an idiot looking out the window. I wonder where the person next to me will be ending his trip and why there. I start thinking how awesome it is to be sharing a trip with hundreds of people who are flying in the same direction but for different reasons. It puts joy into my heart to be meeting people from all over the world in such a short period of time.


Traveling by train calms me, I always make sure I get the window seat so I can look outside and enjoy the view: see the green fields pass by, cars racing and clouds moving while I listen to music. No matter how uncomfortable it can be at the moment, traveling by train is awesome.


Some people take traveling for granted and they are fine when a trip comes to an end because they are ready for the next one. I am not that way, I am always ready to travel no doubts, but I feel bad every time I travel back home because as you do it you realize that the fun time you had becomes a memory. It is good to be home, to sleep in our bed, to use our own bathroom, to be able to 100% relax.. but what about what happened on our last trip? that we will never have back, so make it the best you can!

- Cris

2 comments: