A drop of Exchange.

Monday, November 07, 2016 Cristian 0 Comments


Throughout my exchange I recorded many videos but I ended up rendering just the ones that I took while travelling. I've one for Denver, New York, West Coast and so on. But tomorrow (should I say in one hour?) is my birthday and this past weekend I was feeling quite sick so I stayed home with a cup of hot tea and my laptop, watching videos I took in the US. Now, I'm not sure that was a good idea, but I felt like doing something more. I wanted to gather all of those in a bigger video, and so I did. Quality is bad, framing equally bad and I didn't even follow a timeline. Although, all of this is on purpose. Between one laugh and the other travelling somewhere and behind the scenes of a play I was part of, I captured some memories with my smartphone.

Exchange is a change. Each and everyday was different from the previous one. So now people you know why I travel. I want to follow new paths every time I get the chance to, and while I do so, capture moments with my little device. Change is scary, because we know that things will be different but we don't really know what kind of things. Two years after I can say that it is still exciting to face the fear of the unknown. Even here in Denmark I was kind of nervous to show up the first day of University, but two months later I'm here writing this post and I cannot believe how many things changed. Take that plane, walk that path. If your friend wants to capture a moment, let him do so, even if you feel like you are too ugly for a picture (lol). There is no coming back, and the only way we can hold on to moments is to keep them in a video or a picture.


Here it is, this video shows more or less a quarter of the things I lived overseas, but I have to say that you will not be able to understand unless one of you appears in the video. There so much behind a 10 seconds video, you don't even know. So please watch it with a bit of imagination and try to focus on the content rather than the majestic quality.

One last thing - Here's a list of the places that appear on the video: Colorado, Wyoming, California, Arizona, Nevada, New York, Washington DC, Missouri, Hawaii, Mexico.

- Cris

0 comments: