DID YOU DO SOMETHING VALUABLE THIS YEAR?

Friday, December 23, 2016 Cristian 2 Comments


I read "This is going to be my year" a lot on the internet, but then months pass by and that phrase turns into "I will try again next year". I see a lot of disappointment and unhappiness. I've to admit that for me it has been a pretty good year instead. I flew 8 times, I visited two new countries, been living in Denmark for a quarter of 2016, lost 9 kgs, graduated from high school and freed myself from that grey building shaped like a jail.

The highlight of the year was having both my American brother and parents visiting me in my hometown. I traveled around Italy and been to two cities for the first time: Pisa & Lucca.

I, once again, made international friends at my university and became a buddy and tutor for the new students coming in 2017 because I like helping people out. I am also taking Danish classes because I like learning new languages and cultures. I also climbed for the first time despite being scared of heights. I tried to be involved in as many things as I could but also to concentrate on my studies.


See, it sounds like I had the time of my life but I can tell you that I also had my downs, because everything has a price. Although, take that jump. Tuesday I went back to my high school to wish happy holidays to some of my teachers and when I saw their new students I felt like hiding and denying to be Italian. I saw a bunch of teenagers being childish and without any kind of interest in what they were doing. They were just trying to fit in, pursuing a boring life. This helped me understand how far I've come and to be proud of my achievements, however big or small they could be.

" It's like you're always stuck in second gear
Oh when it hasn't been your day
Your week, your month, or even your year
I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before
I'll be there for you
'Cause you're there for me, too "

- The Rembrandts (Friends Theme)

- Cris

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Despite the falls, it sounds like you've had an amazing year! I'm desperate to get out of my city at least!
    Oh no, that makes me sad because this year I start my teaching career, and that scares me a little haha, greetings! Have a good start to the year!
    I follow you 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and wish you a wonderful year as well! :)

      Delete