HOPELESS WANDERER

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 Cristian 1 Comments

Maybe someone thinks I'm crazy, crazy because according to them I let memories hold me back in the past, but truth is I am moving faster than anyone who's just on the other side of the screen reading one side of the story. Yes, I incredibly miss being on exchange and I do write about it, but I am building myself a present as well as a future. My signature in that Rotary Application was just the beginning of something beautiful. It did not end when I caught the airplane that flew me back home, because as one brought me there, another one took me abroad once again.


See people, I've to admit it is not always easy. It is not easy to spend months without hugging my parents, messing around with my siblings & petting my dog. But it is what it is. That's what I had to sacrifice for studying abroad. Life ain't always a beautiful journey, but we can make it easier for ourself if we start doing what we love and start worrying less about what people say or think.

What's really crazy about me is that I, somehow, always achieve what I aim for, but once I do I need more. It's like one thing after the other. Maybe it isn't as crazy as it sounds, maybe it is how it is supposed to be. No one wants a boring life. No one has truly just one dream, our mind is full of them. We just need to achieve one at the time.
Sooner or later you will get wherever you want, but you have to make it happen. You've to find a way. Forget the cranky and single neighbour who tells you he makes big money in an office and spends his free time eating chips on a sofa watching a soap opera. You don't have to become like him. You don't need the money if you are going to spend them like that. I'm sorry if you are the kind of person that justifies his studies with "my parents told me to study law" because it translates into "I don't give a shit about it, but mama said so and I've got to stick to it". It's good you obey to your mom, but you've 99% of chance to end up dropping out after two years anyways, so I'd suggest to study whatever you are interested since day 1.

Dropping out is okay, as long as you are the one figuring out that it wasn't for you. I am not really sure which kind of life I want to live either, I change my mind pretty much twenty/twenty-five times a day. I realised I don't enjoy stable things, or at least not yet. I want to look out an airplane window, walk different streets every now and then & shake hands with new people.

PS Please support me by following my G+, as well as engaging with me on social media.
- Cris


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cris, your blog saved my exchange <3
    I'm Helô from Brazil and currently living in Germany,also with Rotary.
    Please keep writing..

    ReplyDelete