REASONS WHY TRAVELLERS ARE AWFUL FRIENDS.

Friday, March 17, 2017 Cristian 0 Comments


It has been months now. I should be okay, I should have moved on. But I never fully did, and probably will never do. Everywhere I go, there is something that reminds me of this and that. No matter how much I try to convince myself that it is not as great as I remember it, my heart wants it more than anything. And even if I will go back, and I will visit, it will never ever be the same. The same school will be full of strangers, the same rotary clubs will be full of new foreign students and I will just be looking from the outside, because I won't be able to be a part of it, not anymore. My time's up. I keep dragging memories everywhere I go and sometimes it gets too much. If you haven't understood yet, I am talking about my exchange year.


You shouldn't be my friend if you cannot handle the fact that:

I will talk about my travels a lot. 
Most of my stories will start with "You won't believe what happened.. in.." and yes, I will probably repeat them and sound like a freak, but oh well it's me. Nice to be your friend.

I am always on the run. 
It is hard to deal with my crazy desire of always being elsewhere. I am currently living in Denmark but next fall I might be somewhere else, and the same applies for the seasons yet to come.

I might let you down a lot. 
I will probably let your hopes up. I will be telling you that I will come back visiting for your birthday but end up not making it. It's not like I don't care or I don't make you a priority, but I just can't. I will make it up to you in the future and hopefully, that will be enough.

If you travel with me I will be really annoying. 
I am not flexible on what I want to do or see, which means that you need to be careful if you express your desire to go somewhere with me because I will be asking you to walk a lot, to stop to take pictures and to skip fancy meals as I can't afford them. If you are still ready to roll, you know where to find me.

- Cris

0 comments: